The firm in Ledbury was established in around 1920, originally known as Russell & Co. It then became Russell & Orme, then Russell Orme & Hewitt. Following the Second World War, Mr Russell moved to Malvern and Mr Dykes joined. The firm then became Orme Dykes & Hewitt. When Barton Yates joined the firm in the 1960s the firm became Orme Dykes & Yates.
The firm which became Leslie J Slade and Co, and more recently Slades, is thought to have been in existence since 1834 in one guise or another. Leslie J Slade himself practised on his own in Newent from 1934, retiring only in 1970. Paul Eward joined the firm at that time and practised alone until 1976 when the firm amalgamated with Orme Dykes & Yates with each office retaining its own trading name.
In 2009 the two practices were fully integrated under the one roof at our premises in Ledbury. The firm was incorporated as Orme and Slade Ltd in 2007 and the Directors of the firm are David Rushton, Lucy Yeomans, and Julie Sutherland
The firm continues to thrive with a further building in the Homend being acquired in 2012 to house the Probate and Company and Commercial Departments.